Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review | Doll Face (Hard Rock Roots, #7) by C.M. Stunich

Doll Face (Hard Rock Roots Series, #7) by C.M. Stunich
New Adult Romance published December 8, 2014
Sarian Royal

Synopsis from Goodreads
"After every tough climb to the top, there's a descent. Sometimes, it's real easy, just a matter of sliding down feet first. Other times, it's like a tumble off a steep cliff – with a hell of a lot of rocks. Nobody ever promised downhill would be a piece of cake. Have fun with that."
Lola Saints is my redemption.
She's the second chance I never thought I'd have.
But can we really make a life together, after all we've been through?
Two drummers, too many rock stars, one house.
If I could, I'd run away and take Lola with me, but that's not how life works. Running's too easy, and I have too many reasons to fight. It's time to put on the big boy panties and kick some ass – if I have to take my shirt off, so be it. Let's do this, Indecency style.
*********************************
Ronnie McGuire is an enigma.
I won't pretend I understand him, but I want to.
But can he really love me after all the horrible things I've done?
He can hit a kit like nobody else, and the sound of his music mimics the beat of my own heart.
If I could, I'd say yes to the fairy-tale life and ride off into the sunset. Not saying it's never going to happen, but sometimes the ride's a bumpy one. And shit. Speaking of bumps, did I mention I was dating a fertile rock god?

What I Think….
I bought Doll Face a few months ago, with every intention of reading it then. However, as it usually happens, life got in the way and I didn’t get around to it until yesterday. Man, could I kick myself!  Not only was the book full of twists and turns, it really set the stage for what’s to come with group. This story focuses on Lola Saints and Ronnie McGuire; two drummers who just so happen to have fallen in love. Stunich covers their struggle, their heartache, their accomplishments, and their redemption.


Lola Saints has been put in a difficult position. Not only is her sister very much alive, but she’s also part of the people set out to destroy Indecency and Amatory Riot, two of the most popular rock bands of all time. With all the chaos, Lola knows she can only depend on one person: Ronnie McGuire. When things go left after their last stop on tour, Lola begins to understand what true love really is and how much must be sacrificed to keep it.

Ronnie McGuire only cares about two things: Lola Saints and music. If they aren’t a part of the equation, neither is he. So when the band takes a fatal hit, Ronnie has to choose which way he is going to turn. Without Lola, Turner, Trey, Josh, Dax, Sydney, and Naomi, life wouldn’t be worth living. But it’s high time he starts making some mature decisions. He just has to make sure Lola is with him every step of the way.

Now, I can’t stress how much I loved this book! If you’ve been following the Hard Rock Roots Series, you’ll notice that things are starting to become a little more permanent and a lot less chaotic for the group. This was an easy read *I finished it in 3 hours* and has such an interesting story line. If you haven’t read the series, pick up Real Ugly at your nearest retail store, you won't be able to put it down! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only