Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review | "Sentinel" by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Sentinel by Jennifer L. Armentrout
YA Paranormal published November 2, 2013
Spencer Hill Press
Author's website  |  Goodreads  |  Buy the Book on Amazon

Synopsis from Goodreads:

It's a beautiful day for a war.

As the mortal world slowly slips into chaos of the godly kind, Alexandria Andros must overcome a stunning defeat that has left her shaken and in doubt of their ability to end this war once and for all.

And with all the obstacles between Alex and her happily-ever-after with the swoonworthy Aiden St. Delphi, they must now trust a deadly foe as they travel deep into the Underworld to release one of the most dangerous gods of all time.

In the stunning, action-packed climax to the bestselling Covenant series, Alex must face a terrible choice: the destruction of everything and everyone she holds dear… or the end of herself.
My Thoughts...
I am just going to do a really quick review on this book.  It's been a little while since I read it so there are some details that I don't really remember very clearly.  I did love the book, though, and I thought it was the perfect ending for this series.  I am sad to see it come to an end but happy that there is going to be a spin off series which was set up perfectly in this book.  This was a 5 star series for me, I loved every book in it.

Aiden is one of my favorite characters in any YA series without a doubt.  He has every quality that you could possibly want in a male lead character.  I also really enjoyed Seth's character in this book and I am looking forward to his series for sure.  ALex faced quite a lot in this book and she was also stronger than ever.  She is prepared to become the god-killer, but she has NO idea what exactly she is giving up to become this.  The ending of this book blew me away, it wasn't something I was expecting at all.  Most of the action in the book comes toward the end.  Most of the rest of the book is the preparation for the showdown with Ares.

I have always been a fan of Greek Mythology and books with that as a theme.  That's probably one of the reasons I enjoyed this series so much.  Appollo played a pretty big part in this book with some appearances by other gods and goddesses and even a Titan.  This Titan is what sets up the new series that Seth will star in. 

While this series is a YA series there are some adult like situations between Aiden and Alex which I think Jennifer handles very tastefully.  They are sexy without being too descriptive.

I think this pretty much sums up my thoughts on this book.  As you can see I really did enjoy this series and if you like YA Paranormal and Greek Mythology then you will want to give this series a try!

XOXO, Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only