Friday, July 5, 2013

New Adult Romance Review "Forever Too Far" by Abbi Glines

Title:  Forever Too Far
Author: Abbi Glines
Publisher:  Self-Published
Publication Date: June 9, 2013
Genre:  New Adult Romance

Buy this book on Amazon 


Author's Website:  http://www.abbiglines.com/ 
Author's Goodreads Profile:  Abbi Glines
 

Synopsis from Goodreads:
 
 

Rush promised her forever... but promises can be broken.

Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.

Blaire believed in her fairytale... but no one can live in a fantasy.

Her love for Rush and desire to have a family keep her believing that they can find a way for this to work. Until she has to make the right decision for her and the baby. Even if it breaks her heart.

Can they find the forever that they both want or has it all just gone... too far?

My Thoughts...
I loved this book if only for the fact that it's hopefully the last one.  I really don't think that this book was at all necessary.  I would have only give it 3 stars, but I love Rush so I added the 4th.  There is really only so long that you can draw out a story that has no discernible plot conflict.  Sure you have Nan, who is a real piece of work, but it's not enough conflict to draw a story out this long.

I am not giving this book a bad review in any way.  I loved the first 2 books and I think that Ms. Glines has a gift for sure.  I think that sometimes you just need to call a story done.  I was more than happy with the ending of the 2nd book being the ending of Blaire and Rushs' story.  For me this book was less plot and way too much juvenile drama. Rush rushes to Nans side at the first sign of her drama, he ignores Blaire, Blaire gets mad and runs away, etc, etc... It's the same story as the 1st two books really with a few new, albeit good, characters sprinkled in.

There are weird spots where Della and Wood's story is intertwined with this one.  I really think there should have been a clear distinction in the middle of this story where Della and Woods fit in.  There are spoilers for both books in each of them and it didn't work to try to fit them together.

If you have read the first 2 books in the series and feel like you need to read this one, then I recommend it.  If you are like me and were happy with how the last one ended, then skip it maybe.  As much as I like some of the characters in this story I don't know that I will keep reading the books.  I just don't care for all the drama anymore.  There was a point where I wanted to see Nan redeem herself and become a good person, but I think I am past that now.  This won't, however, keep me from giving some of Ms. Glines other work a try. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only