Author: Colleen Houck
Publication Date: September 4, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal
Format: Hardcover 464 pages
Buy this book on Amazon: Hardcover
Author's Website: http://www.tigerscursebook.com/
Author's Goodreads Profile: Colleen Houck
Synopsis from Goodreads:
With three of the goddess Durga's quests behind them, only one prophecy now stands in the way of Kelsey, Ren, and Kishan breaking the tiger's curse. But the trio's greatest challenge awaits them: A life-endangering pursuit in search of Durga's final gift, the Rope of Fire, on the Adaman Islands in the Bay of Bengal.It's a race against time--and the evil sorcerer Lokesh--in this eagerly anticipated fourth volume of the bestselling Tiger's Curse series, which pits good against evil, tests the bonds of love and loyalty, and finally reveals the tiger's' true destiny once and for all.
It's been quite awhile since I read this book originally. I got the galley from Edelweiss way back and when I read the ARC it was missing like the last 3 chapters or so. I didn't want to do my review without having read the final chapters so I waited! I was finally able to read the ending last week. I think I am going to do this review a little different since it has been so long since I read most of the book. I also don't want to post any spoilers so this is an easy way to do a quick review without spoiling anything.
- The pacing in this book was better. Some of the previous books seemed really unnecessarily drawn out, this one wasn't
- I liked Kelsey more in this book than I did the last two books. In those she just annoyed me most of the time. Her constantly waffling between the boys was incredibly annoying. In this book there was more action so less time for that.
- Kelsey kicks ass in this book, that made me like her more too.
- By this time the love triangle thing is just getting old...
- I am 100% Team Ren...don't throw rocks at me, they are just meant to be together, end of story!
- There are some pretty sad parts in this one, but everything happens for a reason and I was okay with that.
- They cover a lot of ground in this book. It's pretty much non-stop action from start to finish.
- It seems like everyone is tested in this book and they all make huge sacrifices for the greater good.
- The ending, once I finally read it, seemed a little rushed.
- As rushed as it seemed I really did love the ending.
- There is supposed to be a 5th book, Tiger's Dream.
- I will read it, but I am just as happy with the series being over after this one!
Ok, that's all I am saying, I hope that this didn't spoil anything for those of you who haven't been able to read this book yet. This really is a great series and I would read them all again for sure!
*Disclaimer: I was provided with an ARC Galley copy of this book courtesy of Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.*