Thursday, September 27, 2012

{ARC REVIEW} "Reflected in You" by Sylvia Day

Title:  Reflected in You (Crossfire #2)
Author:  Sylvia Day
Publisher:  Berkley 
Publication Date:  October 2, 2012
Genre:  Contemporary Romance
Format:  Kindle 578 KB   | Paperback 432 pages

Buy this book on Amazon:  Paperback  |  Kindle Edition
Author's Website:  http://www.sylviaday.com/
Author's Goodreads Profile:  Sylvia Day 

Synopsis from Goodreads: 
Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We'd never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...
Diving in...
I didn't think it was possible for me to love Gideon Cross any more than I already did, but by the time I got to the end of this book I discovered how wrong I was!  I have a top 10 list of Book Boyfriends and let me tell you that Mr. Cross is in the top of that list.  I am a sucker for a tortured hero and Gideon has that in spades.  

This book literally picks up right where the first one left off.  I complained in my review of Bared to You about how Eva runs at the first sign of any conflict.  She is still doing that, but to be fair no time has really passed for her and throughout the course of this story she does grow up some, but she still has that tendency to jump to conclusions.  In her defense, though, Gideon does make it awfully hard for her.  They are still learning to trust each other and while I do believe that deep inside they do, it's really hard for them to show it.  

I liked that we got to meet a couple new characters in this book.  I loved Eva's dad, I really hope that we get to see more of him in the next book.  I was also really happy to see that Eva is realizing how important it is to have other friends.  She loves Gideon and he is everything to her, but she is also starting to realize the need to have other people that she can count on. 

I liked Cary in the first book, but I loved him in this one. This book was really rough on him, but he came through like the champ that he is.   He still has some stuff to work through, but it's clear that he's a good person and he really loves Eva and I think he's really good for her.  He is the one who makes her think through all the stuff that's going on with Gideon.  He wants what is best for her so he'll always be there for her when she needs him.

Gideon was the one who really grew the most in this book.  He is still secretive and he is constantly hiding things from Eva.  He wants her to trust him, but at the same time he is making it impossible for her do so.  He makes a tremendous breakthrough and when he does it's a beautiful thing to see (or read).  I don't think either of them are all the way there, but I think they are so incredibly close that it's going to make the wait for the next book almost unbearable!

There is no denying that there are some incredibly sexy love scenes in this one.  If you thought the first book was hot, you have NO idea!  Sylvia takes it to the next level with this one, it's going to be hard to top, but I have no doubt in my mind that she will blow us away with book three.

There is still a fair amount of profanity in this book, some is vulgar, but not written in a degrading or derogatory way.  At least not in my opinion.  There are also a lot of very descriptive and very sexy love scenes so if you don't like those then you may want to steer clear of this series.

If you read the first book, you can't pass on this one.  This series is going on my read and re-read list for sure!

*I received an ARC galley of this book for reviewing purposes courtesy of NetGalley.






No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only