Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What I am reading now...

Ok, I know it's been a week since my last review!  I have been stalled a bit.  I made it about 60% through Brave New World and I just wasn't enjoying it at all.  I decided that I wasn't going to suffer through something I wasn't enjoying so I put it down.  I may finish it some day, but not any time soon.  That rarely happens to me, I am normally the type and I can't stand to not know the ending.  In the case of this book, though, I just don't really care how it ends.  It's very innovative for the time that it was written, but a lot of it is confusing and weird.  So anyway, that's that...maybe I just enjoy the "fluffy" books more!

Since I put that one down I did read this "short story" by Stephen King.  Although it's more like a short novel, since it's about 180 pages.  I have been wanting to read it for a long time.  The TV show Haven is loosely based on this book, and since I have now read it, loosely based is a very accurately described!  I will do a review for it soon.  It may be my next review.

I am still debating how I want to review the Brotherhood of Blood series.  It seems pointless to review each one separately when I can just do the series as a whole in one post.  They are all connected, but they all have different main characters.  I will work it out and hopefully have that posted in the next couple days!


I am reading Warrior now, I posted a link to it in my last post.  It's the 3rd book in a series that I started when a friend marked as "to read" on Goodreads.  I saw the front cover and knew I had to read it and I have enjoyed every one of them so far.  Sometimes a cover image really does sell the book!

When I am finished with Warrior I will be moving on to the latest book in the Mortal Instruments series, City Of Lost Souls.  This series is probably one of my favorite YA series and I am looking forward to this installment.  My review on it will be coming soon!

Happy Reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only