Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Review | Stepbrother Inked by Violet Blaze

Stepbrother Inked by Violet Blaze
Adult Romance Published June 19, 2015 
Sarian Royal  eBook
Author's Website | Goodreads | Buy the Book on Amazon

Synopsis from Goodreads:

Forbidden love shouldn't feel so good.

It also shouldn't hurt so much.

How could the one person I can't have be the only person I truly need?

Florian Harper Riley has my heart and he doesn't even know it. I used to think that was okay, that I'd get over him, but no matter how hard I try, I can't purge his sharp green gaze from my thoughts.

He's a tattoo artist, the love of my life, the man of my dreams.
But he's also my stepbrother.

Fate can be wicked cruel.


What I Think....

So, call me weird, but when I find a romance novel involving step-siblings, I have to read it. I don't know if it's the taboo of it all that calls me, or the fact that I don't have any step-siblings so I like looking at their relationships, but I never can resist. This book by far has been the best one I've ever read. Blaze does a great job of highlighting the romance, instead of focusing on the "brother/sister" relationship, which I thought was extremely tasteful. 


Abigale is a sweetheart, plain and simple. She's quiet, compassionate, and adores her step-brother Florian, or "Flor". We are introduced to Abi and Flor when she is fifteen, at her first high school party. When Flor finds her kissing another boy, he freaks out as a "brother" should, but not quite in a brotherly fashion. She has loved him since she laid eyes on him at five years old, but she's been waiting for him to return her feelings. After blatantly rejecting her, Abi is forced to move on. 

The book fast forwards three years, when Abi moves in to her very first apartment. Finally she's an adult, a brand new eighteen year old, moving in with her best friend Addison. Flor is twenty-one, and one hell of a bad boy. He co-owns his own tattoo shop with his best friend Max, and together they rule Eugene, OR. At first, we notice how sparse he is with his interactions with Abi. It's like he's there, but only skin deep. After an agonizing, quite redeeming, car ride, Abi lays it out on the line for him. They must work hard against all odd to find the love they both deserve. 

Again, I cannot praise this novel enough! The passion and love between Flor and Abi is staggering. Once Flor accepts that his love for Abi cannot be denied any longer, they slowly begin forming a life together. They battle the stigma of incest and disgust found among their family and friends, which takes a heavy toll on both of them. Again, Blaze doesn't at all make this story awkward or even borderline "incesty", which I think would be hard to do. It is not at all distasteful, which I prepared myself for, as I normally do given the content. So my last comment is to go buy it right now! You won't be disappointed! 

Victoria ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only